Hermandad de Nuestro Padre Jesús
Foundation year: 1941
Canonical See: Santa Iglesia Concathedral of San Nicolás de Bari
Our Father Jesus • Anonymous Valencian School 1942.
Blessed Virgin of Sorrows • Víctor García Villalgordo 2008
As the central axis we find the Cross and the Crown of Thorns in golden color in memory of the passion, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, referring to the main holder of the Brotherhood, the Nazarene, Our Father Jesus. All this is situated on a Nazarene colored background and a cross framed with gold-colored ornaments, giving it a characteristic solemnity alluding to the divinity of God.
It is traditional for this Brotherhood to wear a purple vest and mask, a symbol of the followers of Jesus Nazareno. On the mask we place the embroidered shield of the Brotherhood. To complement the habit, they wear a golden belt at the waist topped at the ends with tassels of the same color and Franciscan annulment. White gloves, black shoes and a Brotherhood medal.
In the 19th century, Christ and his brotherhood were called by the generic name of "The Nazarene"; This name is still used by the local press to refer to the new brotherhood that emerged in 1942 with the name of Nuestro Padre Jesús. Although, his veneration and participation in Holy Week could be prior to the 19th century.
The Brotherhood was founded within the Catholic Center on April 24, 1941. At first there was talk of creating the Brotherhood of Prayer in the Garden, but in an assembly D. Antonio Vigrana Belda, expressed his desire to pay from his own pocket the cost of the image, provided that it was that of Our Father Jesus Nazareno. From that moment the Brotherhood of Our Father Jesus is constituted. The image is anonymous, although in principle it was attributed to the image maker Mr. José María Ponsoda Bravo, who at that time worked for the firm "Peris Hermanos" in Valencia, which had a branch in Alicante, on Manero Mollá street, which was who was entrusted with the throne.
The Brotherhood has always processed on the evening of Holy Tuesday, except in 1970, which, due to the threat of rain, left on Holy Wednesday.
In 2007, a Virgin joined the procession with the invocation of the Blessed Virgin of Sorrows (given by a family). And at a meeting of the Board of Directors on June 27, 2007, it was agreed that the Brotherhood would have its own throne and image, endorsed this agreement in a general assembly on July 11, 2007.
The new step of the Virgen de las Penas would come out in Holy Week 2008, with the Salmerón Brothers, from Socuellamos, Ciudad Real, taking the throne and taking advantage of the four ancient candelabra of the throne of Ntro. Father Jesus.
Regarding the new carving of the Santísima Virgen de las Penas, it was made by the sculptor from Torrevieja D. Víctor García Villalgordo, and it was paid for by D. Víctor Villanueva Colomina. The dress and cloak were made and donated by Mrs. María José Miralles Marín.
Musical contribution to Holy Week
Junta Mayor de Hermandades y Cofradías de Semana Santa de Alicante - Calle Bailén, 20, 2ª Planta
03001 - Casa de la Festa "Manuel Ricarte" - Alicante, España